Healthy Chocolate Spread
This is my amazing Healthy Chocolate Spread recipe! I mean who doesn’t love a good chocolate spread? I know I do ! This recipe was inspired by my all time favourite childhood chocolate spread I used to eat all the time as a sweet treat. As a nutritionist I’m always trying to find new ways to make my favourite sweet treats into something healthy and guilt free that I can eat on a regular basis. Well, this chocolate spread does just that!
This spread can be served on a nice slice of toast (healthy toast of course), as a dip to your apple or banana slices, or as I like to enjoy it on a silver spoon all by itself!
This recipe is fast, simple, easy and well extremely delicious! So what are you waiting for? Walk to your kitchen, and get busy!
- 1/4 cup of hazelnut butter (can be found in a local health store)
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup (can add more depending on your sweet tooth)
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder (can add more if you like a richer chocolate taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon of Almond milk
- In a bowl add the hazelnut butter, cocoa powder & maple syrup. Whisk all ingredients together until everything is mixed evenly
- To the mix, add half a tablespoon of almond milk. If you feel the consistency is not as smooth as you like it, keep adding a bit of almond milk at a time
- Once the mixture is to the consistency of your liking, it’s all ready to eat!
It is that simple! Now you can enjoy your favourite sweet, guilt free!
Oh So Good Granola
WARNING: THIS GRANOLA IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE, EXTREMELY YUMMY AND SUPER EASY TO MAKE!!!
This is probably the easiest, most delicious granola you have every laid eyes on! Oh, and did I mention it is healthy, free of artificial sugars and preservatives that most granola contain? YES, you read that all right, it is time you dive into that granola container without any guilt of the extra sugars.
You can enjoy this yummy granola as a snack with some non dairy milk of your preference, OR for breakfast added to your favourite yogurt bowl with berries and bananas to top it off!
SOOOO grab all your kitchen gear and bake up a storm!
- 2 cups of rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- In a bowl add the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk until most of the coconut oil had broken down into smaller bits.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed, add all of the rolled oats into the bowl and mix until all the batter is evenly coating the granola
- Place parchment paper on a baking tray
- Pour the granola on the baking sheet and spread out the granola throughout the sheet.
- Bake the granola at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until it is golden brown
- MAKE SURE TO LET THE GRANOLA COOL ON THE BAKING SHEET ONCE IT IS DONE TO KEEP ITS TEXTURE
- Once the granola is cooled, store in an air tight container
Note: This recipe can be made NUT FREE if you substitute the almond butter for any seed butter or non nut butter of your preference!